Encompass Health Careers
Employee Relations Specialist
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice Division is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to join our corporate HR team in Dallas, TX.
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
The Employee Relations Specialist duties include:
- Work collaboratively with and provides day-to-day coaching and advice to managers, regional leaders, and other supervisors on a large variety of employee relations issues, performance management, and policy interpretation and guidance.
- Provide managers with interpretation and guidance regarding HR policies and laws/regulations to ensure fair and consistent application.
- Review and assist managers in drafting corrective action, performance improvement, disciplinary counseling, and termination documentation as requested.
- Lead complex and high-risk investigations relating to allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, and other potentially high-profile claims and recommends suitable corrective action.
- Investigate complaint phone calls, tickets, or emails from employees in a timely manner. Provides recommendations while documenting actions taken. Escalate sensitive or critical issues to HR leadership and/or to management as the situations warrant.
- Prepare responses to EEOC and other external charges of discrimination for initial review and approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline or 3 years of comparable HR-related experience is required
- Three years of experience in an employee relations role or in day-to-day resolution of employee relations matters, including coaching, guidance to supervisors, counseling and investigations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment and wage and hour laws and regulations, including but not limited to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, ADEA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FMLA, ADAAA, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, etc. is required.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills, inclding proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software applications is required.
- Experience in a role-serving employees in multiple states and familiarity with researching and complying with state laws is preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification is preferred.
- Experience developing and presenting training materials or programs is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and have strong presentation skills, both in person and remotely.
- Must be well organized and capable of appropriately prioritizing a large number of tasks ensuring timely completion of projects even with interruptions.
- Must have the ability to work effectively without constant supervision and to handle sensitive employee documents and information in a confidential manner.
- Must have good problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to analyze received information to determine whether in compliance with company processes and policies.
- Must be capable of initiating a project and seeing it through to completion without significant direction or oversight.
- Must be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals, possess excellent customer service skills, and be capable of maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor even in difficult situations.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and valid automobile liability insurance as required by law.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!