Encompass Health Careers
Home Health Physical Therapy Assistant - Full Time, Assisted Living Facility Based
Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection?
Encompass Health is growing and we are seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant to join our dynamic Home Health team.
At Encompass Health, we believe integrated care delivery for post-acute services across the healthcare continuum is critical to achieving the best outcomes for patients. We can provide a seamless transition of care between inpatient and home-based care that adapts fluidly and helps our patients get back to their lives.
We are stronger together and empower our therapists to be the connection by fostering a positive culture of inclusivity and collaboration.
Consistently ranked as a top Best-Place-To-Work in the communities we serve, we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive to you so that meaningful, measurable differences can be made in the lives of our patients. Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- State-of-the-art resources and tools for secure, compliant, reliable and organized communication between patients and their care team
- Generous Paid Time Off plans for full-time employees.
- Web-based education and online instruction to increase knowledge and competency.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Home Health with Less Travel!
Our Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) work under the direction of and assist our Physical Therapists in providing therapy services to clients in various senior living communities, including assisted living and independent living facilities.
Our facility-based Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) enjoy:
- providing therapy services to our patients within the beautiful confines of the assisted living facilities where our patients reside
- 1:1 patient care
- the ability to follow each patient from start to discharge
Our talented and highly skilled Physical Therapist Assistants work under the supervision of our Physical Therapists and collaboratively with each assisted living facility's wellness team on a daily basis to maintain strong lines of communication and overall continuity of care for the residents and their loved ones. Encompass PTAs treat patients with physical impairments through the use of physical modalities. The goal is to assist persons who are physically challenged to improve mobility and function, independence in self-care, and other skills necessary for functioning in daily living and to successfully age in place.
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant / PTA in the state of employment.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in current therapy practice.
- Possess a valid state driver's license and automobile liability insurance.