Encompass Health Careers
Home Health Physical Therapy Assistant - Full Time, Assisted Living Facility Based
Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Home Health with Less Travel!
Our Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) work under the direction of and assist our Physical Therapists in providing therapy services to clients in various senior living communities, including assisted living and independent living facilities.
Our facility-based Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) enjoy:
- providing therapy services to our patients within the beautiful confines of the assisted living facilities where our patients reside
- 1:1 patient care
- the ability to follow each patient from start to discharge
Our talented and highly skilled Physical Therapist Assistants work under the supervision of our Physical Therapists and collaboratively with each assisted living facility's wellness team on a daily basis to maintain strong lines of communication and overall continuity of care for the residents and their loved ones. Encompass PTAs treat patients with physical impairments through the use of physical modalities. The goal is to assist persons who are physically challenged to improve mobility and function, independence in self-care, and other skills necessary for functioning in daily living and to successfully age in place.
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTA) must meet the following requirements:
- Be currently licensed as a Physical Therapist Assistant / PTA in the state of employment.
- A minimum of one year of clinical experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in current therapy practice.
- Possess a valid state driver's license and automobile liability insurance.