Encompass Health Careers
Medical Records / HR Assistant - Home Health
Division: Home Health
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is searching for a Front Office Administrative Specialist / Human Resources Designee / Medical Records Specialist to join our team. This person will provide direct support to the Branch Director and the Recruiting Managers.
- Process and maintain Human Resources documentation.
- Conduct new hire orientation for all new employees.
- Process payroll and mileage analysis reports for employees.
- Answer busy multiline telephone for agency office. Screen individual calls and route to the appropriate staff member.
- Manage the reception area. Greet guests courteously and announce their arrival in a professional manner.
- Process signed and unsigned Orders and 485s.
- Follow up on the “Sent But Not Signed Orders” on a daily basis.
- Reprocess unsigned orders at End of Episode as task appears on Workflow Screen.
- Verify Physician’s signature and date stamp all received documents to be scanned into the client chart.
- Verify Electronic Service Agreement is signed.
- Send the Episode Detail Report at recertification.
- Fax the discharge / transfer summary / episode detail summary and Case Conference / 60 Day Summary to the physician.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 1950 Roland Clarke Place, Reston, VA 20191
The right person for this position will be an excellent communicator, personable, very well organized, and will have exceptional multitasking skills.
- Must have at least 6 month of previous work experience in a medical or healthcare office.
- Be technologically savvy with strong typing skills.
- Previous HR experience is a plus.
- Previous experience working with an EMR system is preferred. Experience working with Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is a plus.
- Must be able to handle a busy multiline phone while remaining friendly and professional.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!