Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Senior Hospice Billing Manager to join our hospice billing team. As the Senior Hospice Billing Manager, you will oversee collecting and managing account payments while supervising a team of Hospice Billers, Collectors and Authorization and Eligibility. This is a full time position with robust benefits and an exceptional company culture.
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Supervise the Hospice Billing and Authorization/Eligibility teams.
- Ensure hospice billing department is operating properly and efficiently.
- Ensure billing managers/specialists are:
- Billing/collecting all claims in a timely manner.
- Obtaining authorization and eligibility in a timely manner.
- Approving invoices timely based on contracted terms.
- Following up on outstanding items with branch staff and working billing audits.
- Stay up to date on Homecare Homebase platform updates.
- Provide and/or constructive feedback to billing managers/specialists.
- Provide leadership to the Hospice billing department via staff meetings and written communications.
- Ensure Hospice billing department adheres to compliance guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinate employee vacations to ensure department has adequate coverage.
- Train and onboard new employees.
Systems Used: Microsoft – Excel & Word, Medicare DDE, Zirmed, TMHP, Homecare Homebase.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years of experience with billing functions.
- Experience in all aspects of hospice billing is essential.
- Fast learner, proficient with computers, detail oriented, and ability to work with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals. (Insurance companies, third party vendors, patients/family members, nursing homes, Medicare, Medicaid, and fellow employees at branch offices.)