Encompass Health Careers
Staff Accountant II - Hospice Experience
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Level II Staff Accountant with Hospice experience to join the accounting team at our corporate office in Dallas. This is a full time, salaried position with excellent benefits.
Office Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Level II Staff Accountants are responsible for:
- Accurately maintaining the general ledger.
- Completing financial analysis.
- Preparing monthly financial statements for assigned entities within outlined deadlines.
- Analyzing monthly financial statements including cost per visit analysis and variance analysis against prior year and budget, month to date and year to date.
- Preparing journal entries, including appropriate documentation and approvals.
- Providing concise explanations to support findings.
- Preparing and coordination of intermediate level consolidated reconciliations within the established deadlines.
- Bank reconciliations, payroll taxes, functional journal entries, property taxes, annual budgeting.
- Communicating with branch offices for assigned entities.
- Meeting established deadlines.
- Assisting the accounting team with similar tasks during month end or other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Accounting, or Finance.
- At least 3 years of experience in a multi-entity accounting
- Healthcare industry preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, time efficient, and have organized work habits.
- Proficiency in Systems- ACCPACC, Home Care Home Base, Insight, Worldview, SharePoint, PeopleSoft.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel- Ability to use and understanding complex Pivots.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!