Encompass Health Careers
Care Management Coordinator, LVN - Home Health
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with exceptional assessment skills, a passion for nursing, and a drive to be on the forefront of innovative nursing practices as a Care Management Coordinator.
Care Management Coordinators manage a caseload of complex, chronically ill patients with the goal of empowering patients to engage in self-care management to remain at home and achieve individual maximum wellness.
Care Management Coordinators use health coaching, motivational interviewing techniques, risk stratification software and patient education to empower individuals to achieve their maximum health wellness and independence.
This position is ideal for LVNs who want to focus on population health management, impacting a larger sphere of patients than possible with one-on-one bedside care. This role is an office position that combines the art of nursing practice with predictive technologies to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs by preventing avoidable hospitalizations and reducing unnecessary duplicative services.
Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
- Facilitate enrollment of patients into the Care Management program.
- Assist patient with resources to access community-based support and programs.
- Perform Health Risk Assessment telephonically.
- Collaborate with patient’s health care team to prevent adverse events and reduce functional decline.
- Provide healthcare coaching, medication education, and disease-specific education.
- Work with Supervising RNs to develop individualized patient care plans.
- Assist patient in setting health goals.
- Collaborate with health care team including physicians, therapists, case managers and patient families to assess patient’s progress towards meeting health goals.
- Ability to provide telephone support and collaborate with Triage RN.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and provide feedback when for process improvement.
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with a compact license in the State of Texas.
- Must have a minimum of 2-3 years of nursing experience.
- Ability to navigate new EMRs and document timely and efficiently.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, and have experience with behavior change as well as motivational interview techniques.
- Ability to work independently while also collaborating with other team members.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and protocols.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the federal, state and local laws and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a home health and hospice agency.
- Previous Home Health experience preferred.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!