Encompass Health Careers
Cash Posting Specialist - Home Health
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is seeking a Cash Application Specialist / Cash Posting Specialist to join our billing team in Dallas, TX.
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
The Cash Application Specialist is responsible for assuring all aspects of processing and applying payments, zero pay vouchers and adjustments received from patients and insurance companies are done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews insurance Explanation of Benefits and posts payment to billing system on time.
- Posts and reconciles ERA, EFT, Cash, Credit Card and Check payments.
- Ensures allowances, adjustments and write offs are posted correctly.
- Investigates unidentified cash and resolves misdirected payments and recoupments.
- Assists in marking and communicating denials and short pay trends to Billing Managers.
- Balances daily posting batches to ensure accuracy and reconciliation.
- Maintains accurate documents and reports.
- Communicates with Accounting and scans EOBs and checks into software system for Billing Manager to access for follow-up.
One year of payment posting experience with ability to read and interpret remittance advices (EOB’s).
- Must be competent with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets.
- Two years of experience with Medicare or related billing functions is recommended.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent, typing, clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must be organized, time efficient and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.