Encompass Health Careers
Hospice Administrator/Branch Director, RN
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
In this duel role, you will serve as both Branch Director and Administrator.
The Hospice Branch Director is a Registered Nurse who manages all aspects of terminal care and has expertise in pain and symptom management and previous experience in hospice nursing.
Additionally, the Hospice Branch Director supervises the staff, has knowledge of and manages documentation requirements, oversees service coordination and case management. The Hospice Branch Director must have excellent communication skills and the ability to execute an effective, supportive sensitive approach in response to needs of the employees and the patients and their families.
The Hospice Administrator is the chief executive agent and is directly responsible for ensuring the execution of the operations of the agency on a day-to-day basis. The Administrator oversees all agency operations, services, personnel performance, and office management on an ongoing basis. The Administrator has the direct responsibility of ensuring the agency meets Federal, State and local laws regarding the certification and licensure process of the agency at all times.
- A Bachelor's degree in health care administration or a related field, or a minimum of five years of administration experience in the health care field is required.
- Must have prior Hospice agency administrator experience, including supervision of hospice branch sites (offices),
- Must be professional, organized and able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing as well as prepare and present education material to Agency employees and community referral sources utilizing computers/electronic equipment.
- Must comply with Agency’s Statement of Employability
- Must possess a valid state professional license - RN
- Must possess and maintain automobile liability insurance
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license
- Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions