Encompass Health Careers
Hospice Billing Specialist
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is searching for an experienced medical biller to join our dedicated Hospice Billing team in Dallas, TX. This position offers a fast paced but structured and fun environment with great company culture.
Hospice Billing Specialists are responsible for the following duties:
- Collect on assigned hospice Medicare accounts. Monitor and maintain.
- Submit claims via E Solutions.
- Research, correct, and re-submit rejected and denied claims.
- Follow up on appeals to ADRs and Medical Reviews.
- Answer questions from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies.Collect all the necessary information to prepare Medicare claims.
- Interpret and process Explanation of Benefits when needed.
- Understand Hospice NOE submission timing requirements and exceptions.
- Verify proper patient Certification, Election and Revocation requirements.
- Establish proper treatment of Hospice Transfer patients and overlap with other hospice agencies including communication with office staff and transferring agencies.
- Provide support and training to branches and other billing staff.
- Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner, while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Process and review account adjustments, balance write offs and account reconciliations.
- Communicate Medicare denials and short pay trends.
Hours: Monday - Friday, Available Shifts: 7:00am - 4:00pm, 8:00am - 5:00pm, 9:00am - 6:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
- Experience with Medicare billing is required.
- Experience in all aspects of hospice billing is strongly preferred.
- Must be a fast learner, proficient with computers, detail oriented, and ability to work with deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact well with diverse individuals. (Insurance companies, third party vendors, patients/family members, nursing homes, Medicare, Medicaid, and fellow employees at branch offices.)
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!