Patient Coverage Area: Houston area I-10 and South
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health is looking for a Compassionate PRN Hospice Registered Nurse Practitioner to join our amazing team!
The Hospice Nurse Practitioner is a registered professional nurse with advanced graduate education and clinical training who provides comprehensive hospice care to patients of all ages with a focus on health promotion and disease prevention.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Performs Face to Face visits with the patients
- History and physical exams
- Diagnosis and treatment of medical problems
- Ordering and interpretation of diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Education and counseling of individuals, families and groups, and completion of health care examinations
- Participates in the care of the hospice patient in an independent and interdependent role, under the supervision of the Medical Director, by collaborating with one or more physicians,
- May function in the role of Hospice Attending Physician if selected by the patient at the time of admission.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school and licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state in which he/she currently practices.
- Must be certified as a Nurse Practitioner in the state in which he/she currently practices and have a minimum of 3 years' clinical RNP experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in hospice, palliative care or a related field of nursing and an understanding and acceptance of hospice principles of care.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and well-developed skills in medicine, pharmacology, pain and symptom control, and psychology of loss.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements and Medicare Conditions of Participation.
- At least 5 years' nursing experience with one year in Hospice work is preferred.