Encompass Health Careers
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice Division is seeking a Corporate Controller to join our team in Dallas.
The Corporate Controller is responsible for leadership and oversight of the corporate accounting department. The corporate accounting department includes general ledger accounting for Home Office and Corporate Departments. The Corporate Accounting Department also includes, Financial Reporting, Internal and External SOX Audit, Tax and Treasury functions.
The Corporate Controller will support the VP-Financial Controller in the successful implementation of PeopleSoft Financials General Ledger and Bank Recon modules, with planned go-live date of August 2019.
- Manage the daily operations of the Corporate Accounting Department including general ledger, the treasury function, fixed assets, reporting and supervision of staff.
- Work closely with the supervisor of accounts payable and payroll to ensure all processes are working as planned and actively assists as requested.
- Post and review journal entries in the general ledger system and preparing and reviewing reconciliations to sub-ledgers.
- Support the Controller in SOX controls, documentation and requests from internal and external auditors.
- Manage the treasury function of the company, which includes daily supervision, review and approval of transactions.
Manage the reporting process and assists in preparation and review of information for 10-Q and 10-K disclosures.
- Produce ad hoc analyses and projects, and continually innovating the month-end close process.
- Train and supervise senior and staff accountants and other staff positions as required.
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
- Required - A bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field is required.
- Preferred - Advanced credentials: Master's degree or CPA designation.
- Minimum eight years of progressive accounting experience.
- Be organized, have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be time efficient and able to handle multiple tasks.
- Possess managerial skills and coaching skills to develop and manage staff.
- Be detail oriented and possess problem solving skills.
- Be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Be proficient with computer software, including Microsoft Office products and accounting software.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!