Encompass Health Careers
Hospice Triage On-Call RN - Full Time
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
The Hospice Triage On-Call Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for after-hour on-call triaging of patient calls. The Triage On-Call RN will ensure that care and services are delivered appropriately and timely during after-hour and holiday coverage. This position will directly affect employee, family & referral source satisfaction. The Triage On-Call RN will work to reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits during after-hours and holidays. The Triage On-Call RN will review and process weekend/Holiday referrals and schedule the admissions to local on-call staff.
After-hours is defined as Friday at 5 PM – Monday at 8 AM. Holidays include six Branch and Home Office closure days listed in the Encompass Employee Handbook.
Education, Skills & Experience (Essential):
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with a minimum of five years full-time experience as a Hospice RN.
- Must have a minimum of two years full-time experience in home health nursing and or hospice.
- Must have one year of full-time recent experience in a supervisory RN position.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the Federal, State and local laws/regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a Home Health agency.
- Must be professional, organized and able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing as well as prepare and present education material to Agency employees and community referral sources utilizing computers/electronic equipment.
- Must be capable of multitasking while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must comply with Agency’s Statement of Employability.
- Must possess and maintain automobile liability insurance.
- Must possess a current license to practice professional nursing (RN).
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must maintain internet services in their home office.
- Must be able to work Fri 5pm- Mon 8am and on Holidays.