Encompass Health Careers
Accounts Payable Director
Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Accounts Payalbe Director to join our corporate office in Dallas. This is a full time, salaried position with excellent benefits.
- Oversee all aspects of accounts payable operations, including vendor relationships, disbursements, research and finance.
- Manage the team of corporate accounts payable that includes a Senior Manager, Team Lead, Senior Coordinators and Coordinator positions.
- Develop the internal controls and accounts payable processes and strategies that meet the organizations goals in a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment.
- Responsible for regular communications with vendors and employees and establishes relationships with internal and external audit.
- More than 50% of time is spent on corporate accounts payable strategy, planning, communications and the marketing of the accounts payable function and related services.
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring and development of all accounts payable positions.
Office Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- Twelve years’ accounts payable experience with multistate entities and five to seven years’ minimum supervisory experience.
- Must have knowledge of U.S. tax law for 1099 reporting, state escheatment laws and strong knowledge of state sales and use tax law as related to purchases for home health companies.
- Must be competent with computers and possess strong technology skills, particularly for Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Three to five years’ in a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment.
- Strong working knowledge in PeopleSoft ERP system and paperless workflow system.
- Must be able to multi-task and problem-solve in a high volume interactive environment.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics. Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be willing to learn and participate in a collaborative TEAM environment and treat everyone as a customer, both internal and external, embracing the Encompass guiding principle of “A Better Way to Care”.
- Must understand that the integrity of an accounting environment is measured by accuracy, transparency and risk management.