Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
The PRN Music Therapist is responsible for the provision of music therapy to hospice patients, families, and to the hospice community. In delivery of music therapy services, Music Therapists follow the Standards of Clinical Practice for music therapy which includes the following: referral and acceptance, assessment, treatment planning, implementation, documentation and termination. The Music Therapist will allocate time needed to execute responsibilities such as administration, in-service, and services relating to client care in order to provide quality, direct client service. The Music Therapist will be under the direct supervision of the Hospice Branch Director.
Education, Skills & Experience (Essential):
Must be Board Certified (MT-BC) and in good standing with the Certification Board for Music Therapists. Must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in Music Therapy.
Education, Skills & Experience (Desired):
Master’s Degree and Medicare Hospice experience preferred.
Must have a minimum of one year of music therapy experience; two years preferred. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to execute an effective, supportive sensitive approach in response to needs of patient/family. Patience, compassion and good listening skills are needed.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must possess valid automobile liability insurance as required by law.
- Must wear seat belt at all times while driving.
- Must have dependable transportation that is kept in good working condition.
- Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions.
- Must become licensed in all states in which the company operates.