Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is hiring a Claims Specialist to join our Medicare Billing Team in Dallas, TX. This position will be the primary point of contact to ensure that all claims are initiated out of our EMR and are transmitted successfully to their destination. This position will ensure daily billing occurs for traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage plan per department policy.
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
- Collect all necessary information to prepare and transmit claims as assigned. Submit clean claims electronically within a timely manner, per payer guidelines.
- Utilize vendor processes to confirm claim batch acceptance from payer.
- Identify trends in rejected, denied or improperly processed claims. Work with management to implement solutions
- Initiate and track technical support tickets for any recurring software issues, either through EMR or claims processing vendor(s).
- Track any auto cancelled claims and ensure they are rebilled timely and accurately.
- Prepare and transmit required any/all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Manage, track and coordinate delivery of requests for billing records from either patients or third parties while adhering to mandated deadlines.
- Review, track, investigate, coordinate with operational staff and all other necessary actions required for processing invoices related to consolidated billing for Home Health.
- Provide support to Agencies and other billing staff.
- Two years of experience with in healthcare billing/collections or related functions is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience with typing, clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must be organized, manage time efficiently and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.