Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is seeking a Payroll Tax Accountant to join our team in Dallas.
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
The Payroll Tax Accountant is responsible for:
- The setup, maintenance and administration of payroll taxes at the employer and employee level.
- Reconciliation to the general ledger as well as payroll tax reports, filing returns, and handling tax deposits/remittances with each payroll cycle.
- The research, documentation and resolution of all payroll taxes for all employees, in all states, federal or local jurisdictions and employee garnishments.
- Research, document, set up tables in PeopleSoft for appropriate tax jurisdictions
- Research, document, set up and manage employee Garnishments
- Reconcile payroll tax reporting after each pay run to ensure accurate filings by tax service provider.
- Prepare and remit payroll tax deposits/remittances
- Prepare quarterly tax filings and reconcile tax liability accounts including, but not limited to, federal withholding, FICA, FUTA, SUTA, state and local withholding tax accounts
- Research, resolve and respond to assorted payroll Tax Notices; includes correspondence and communication with the tax agencies
- Prepare headcount tax forms.
- Reconcile payroll taxes to the general ledger and record journal entries.
- Reconcile cash activity to Payroll reports and general ledgers.
- Reconcile Payroll reports to 941s and W-2s.
- Research and reconciliation of payroll taxes from prior periods, including employee specific issues
- Stays current, ensures compliance with and provides interpretations on various rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Improve processes that will reduce or eliminate tax notices
- Assists with year-end projects and the annual W2 process.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with a minimum 5 years’ experience in payroll tax compliance and research, payroll tax filings and deposits, business registrations, amendment and reconciliation procedures.
- Experience with PeopleSoft is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong accounting skills, be detail-oriented and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be able to create reconciliations that clearly communicate.
- Must possess excellent organizational and documentation skills, and have experience reconciling and preparing W-2 forms.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Must have advanced knowledge of United States payroll and accounting practices and principles, knowledge of garnishment law and process and knowledge of State, Local and Federal payroll law.
- Must have the ability to multitask, work independently, be deadline-oriented and understand how to appropriately prioritize projects.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics along with a willingness to learn.