Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Medicare Billing Services to support our Home Health Billing Department. The Assistant Director of Medicare Billing Services is responsible for the direct oversight of all Medicare billing and collection processes as well as adherence to federal and state regulatory guidelines, payor requirements, and internal compliance policies.
This position provides support in all aspects of billing and collections, provides guidance to Encompass Health – Home Health branch offices regarding payor verification and requirements, and ensures the development and implementation of processes which will result in timely, effective, and compliant billing and collection practices. This role will have up to 10 direct reports.
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Supervise the daily operation of the department in partnership with the Director of Medicare Billing Services.
- Oversee direct reports to ensure timely completion of duties and responsibilities. Perform all counselings, evaluations and supervisor related functions.
- Ensure claims are billed timely, in an efficient process of delivery to the claims processing vendor.
- Facilitate month end cash balancing and reporting processes.
- Provide ongoing training to billing staff related to software and regulatory changes, payor requirements, compliance, and department policies.
- Train and orient new employees within the department.
- Travel, as needed, to manage staff and perform local branch trainings, audits, and oversight.
- Facilitate communication and problem solving with the department.
- Ensure all federal, state, and payor specific regulations and guidelines are adhered to.
- Manage the medical review process to ensure timely submission of documents to audit contractors.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Four to eight years of experience with Medicare or related billing functions is required.
- Four to eight years of management experience is preferred.
- Two to four years of home health billing experience is preferred.
- Must possess management skills to build a team within the billing department.
- Must have experience with computers and various software systems. Specifically, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Must be organized, time efficient, and able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks and must function well in atmosphere of stress and interruption.
- Must be able to self-monitor projects and make independent decisions.