Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
The Professional Development Specialist will create, implement, and track coaching and leadership development programs for supervisors at Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice. The person selected for this role will report directly to the Vice President of Professional Development and will be highly visible throughout the organization.
The right person for this role will be a confident public speaker who exhibits strong facilitation skills with expertise in employee coaching and training techniques including: 1-to-1 coaching, curriculum design, adult learning theory, and blended learning strategies.
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Hours: Part Time, 24 hours/week
- Create engaging leadership growth opportunities through a robust training program.
- Prepare and conduct various sessions and courses for the Encompass Development Center to support leadership development.
- Conduct needs analysis, identify gaps, and carry out training initiatives to ensure alignment with objectives and strategies of Encompass Health.
- Design, implement, and respond to surveys and studies that examine the effectiveness of coaching and leadership development initiatives.
- A bachelor degree in education, human communication, psychology, training and development, organizational development, human resources, or a related field.
- Five years demonstrated experience supporting professional and staff development.
- At least two years of demonstrated experience in employee coaching.
- Proficiency in the use of technology and software, especially the Microsoft office suite.
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to implement learning and development strategies to support organizational goals.
- Proactive in identifying solutions and be results oriented.
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Innate ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external stakeholders.
- Coaching certification, including certification from the International Coaching Federation, is highly preferred.
- Previously demonstrated experience in coaching education is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in or knowledge of homecare operations and services is preferred.