Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice recently acquired Alacare Home Health & Hospice and is hiring a non-clinical Intake Coordinator to join our Central Intake team in Birmingham, AL. This is a full time, permanent position with exceptional benefits!
Location: 2400 John Hawkins Pkwy., Birmingham, AL 35244
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm or 9:00am - 6:00pm
Central Intake Coordinators:
- Coordinate the referral intake and admission process to ensure a timely and effective transition of the patient to home care or hospice.
- Serves as a resource person for referral sources and works closely with Agency staff to ensure that adequate coordination and transition occurs to home health services.
- Follow-up with patients who remain in the hospital/rehabilitation facility until current orders are received for admission.
- Verify Medicare Eligibility and ensure accuracy of Medicare number in the client bill.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated experience with typing, clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must possess a minimum of one year of experience in home health.
- Ability to navigate new EMRs and document timely and efficiently.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, and have experience with behavior change as well as motivational interview techniques.
- Ability to work independently while also collaborating with other team members.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and protocols.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the federal, state and local laws and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a home health and hospice agency.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!