Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for an Insurance Verification & Authorization Coordinator to join our Home Health team in Murray, UT.
The Insurance Verification & Authorization Coordinator is responsible for verifying and obtaining authorization as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients.
Location: 990 West Bellwood Lane, Murray, UT 84123
Hours/Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Provide accurate and complete data input for pre-certification request and for providing excellent customer service.
- Handle all functions of the authorization process including intake, initiation, tracking and status follow-up for patients to ensure authorization and re-authorization for coverage of services.
- Verify Medicare, commercial insurance and Medicaid coverages and request initial authorization and re-authorization of home health visits.
- Collect information required by the insurance company to render authorization decisions.
- Assist with month end reporting and logistical and/or problem resolution related to patient’s medical record, authorization and billing issues.
- One year of third party eligibility verification experience including 1-2 years of experience in insurance authorizations is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of 1 year of experience in home health or medical field.
Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively.
Must possess knowledge of the Medicare guidelines governing home health agencies.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.