Patient Coverage Area: Columbia SC Area
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides medical care to hospice patients of all ages with a focus on determining hospice eligibility and pain and symptom management including, but not limited to, history and physical exams; diagnosis and treatment of medical problems; education and counseling of individuals, families and groups.
The Nurse Practitioner participates in the care of the hospice patient as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Under the supervision of the Hospice Medical Director and in collaboration with one or more physicians, the Nurse Practitioner may perform Face to Face patient visits to assist in determining hospice eligibility.
The Nurse Practitioner may function in the role of Attending Physician only if selected by the patient or patient representative at the time of admission.
- Must be a graduate of an approved school and licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the state in which he/she currently practices.
- At least 5 years nursing experience with a minimum of one year in Hospice preferred.
- Minimum of 3 year clinical registered NP experience.
- Must have demonstrated experience in hospice, palliative care or a related field of nursing and an understanding and acceptance of hospice principles of care.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and well-developed skills in medicine, pharmacology, pain and symptom control, and psychology of loss.
- Must have knowledge of regulatory requirements and Medicare Conditions of Participation.