Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees.
- Continuing education opportunities.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children.
- Matching 401(k) plan.
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians.
- Incentivized bonus plan.
Encompass Hospice Nursing Aides assist with various personal care issues including changing bedding, changing clothing, bathing hospice patients and helping with hygienic routines such as brushing teeth, washing hair and keeping wound dressings clean and dry. Our Hospice Nursing Aides may assist patients' family members in caring for their terminally ill relatives by instructing them on how to go about performing basic health-care routines. Nursing Aides consult on a regular basis with their supervising registered nurses in terms of keeping hospice team members apprised of our patients' progression and the families' needs.
Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in direct client care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility)
- Have 1 year of experience within the last 5 years in direct client care in a home health or hospice setting
- Have satisfactorily completed a training and competency evaluation program that complies with federal and state regulations
- Be registered and listed in good standing on the Nurse Aide Registry in the state of employment
Must possess a valid state driver’s license and autombile insurance and have reliable transportation.
Must have the ability to recognize the needs of people, to maintain good relationships with people, and have the capacity to make meaningful observations and communicate them to the supervisor.