Division: Home Office
Compensation Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is hiring an Inclusion & Diversity Specialist. This is a full time opportunity with excellent benefits. The Inclusion & Diversity Specialist will work with the Inclusion & Diversity Committee and the VP of Human Resources to develop and implement the organization’s diversity initiatives and strategy to attract, hire, welcome, support, equip, and create opportunities for advancement for an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Assist in the design and development of the company’s I&D strategy and initiatives and regularly update the committee and company leaders on progress and business impact.
- Partner with the I&D Committee to innovate, develop and implement I&D strategic initiatives and plans; implement, project manage, and scale initiatives across all levels of the company.
- Review current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the company’s diversity goals.
- Partner with the Human Resources team to develop policies and procedures which cultivate and foster a more inclusive workplace environment.
- Partner with the Professional Development team to create and drive diversity and inclusion education programs and service offerings.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to draft and implement recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
- Identify, develop and analyze data and metrics for measuring the effectiveness of I&D programs and initiatives.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to I&D Committee and management.
- Serve to assist and support underrepresented groups of employees and/or affinity groups to ensure their input/voice is heard and included.
- Collects and analyzes statistical data to evaluate the company’s population in accordance with diversity standards and goals.
- Under the direction of the Inclusion & Diversity Committee and VP of Human Resources, develops and/or acquires training and development to aid diversity and retention initiatives.
- Executes and implements I&D initiatives as directed by the I&D committee.
- Maintain the minutes of the I&D Committee meetings.
- Maintain an I&D project list. Ensure progress toward execution I&D initiatives, and reports on progress to I&D Committee and to company leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, public relations, business administration, or other related field.
- Must have demonstrated computer knowledge and skills, including word processing, spreadsheet software, and presentation applications.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- One year of comparable work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in human resources is preferred.
- SHRM or HRCI certification is preferred.
- Previous experience in project management is preferred.
- Previous experience in a home health or hospice environment is preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks appropriately and finish work within deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must be able to communicate with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to speak and present in front of small to large audiences.
- Must be able to handle sensitive employee and company information in a confidential manner.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law