Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice is hiring a Registered Nurse RN to lead the Care Management Division at our corporate office in Dallas, TX. This is a great opportunity for an RN who is looking to step away from direct patient care and move into an office base role with a predictable schedule.
This position combines the art of nursing practice with predictive technologies to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs by preventing avoidable hospitalizations and assisting with needed resources to keep patients safe at home.
The Director of Care Management (RN) will:
- Direct the development, planning, implementation, and execution of the care management programs
- Support the success and performance of clinical care models while continuously assessing and improving the way patient care is delivered at all levels within the organization
- Lead the strategic planning that integrates patient-centered care to reduce hospital readmissions and accelerate patient recovery by facilitation and transition between care environments and by providing appropriate care interventions.
- Improve the health of elderly patient populations and reduce healthcare spending across the continuum
- Collaborate with strategic partners and other members of the executive team to design and deliver innovative care models that achieve the triple aim, and manage the data related to strategic partners.
- Provide effective, visionary leadership and supports reliable, complete, and understandable data
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse (RN) in the state where they currently practice, or in accordance with the board of nursing rules for nurse licensure compact for the state where they currently practice.
- Must have a minimum of two years clinical experience in a large, multi-site Medicare certified home health or hospice, or related field.
- Must have demonstrated experience in budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of federal, state, local laws, and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a Medicare certified home health and hospice.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Previous management experience is preferred.
- Previous experience managing all aspects of a Medicare certified home health or hospice is preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and technological skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work with individuals, groups, and committees to create and implement efficient and effective strategies.
- Must be well organized and be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess problem-solving skills and be willing to learn.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must be able to make informed decisions through use of data and objective information.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the state(s) impacted by strategic relationships for care management department operations