Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The Identity Management Specialist is responsible for all new account creations, changes and terminations in Encompass Active Directory, HCHB, OnBase, Enclara and all other third party applications and portals. This position is also responsible for weekly, monthly and quarterly audits.
- Monitor assigned identity management human resource information system ticket queue, complete all requests timely; new hire account creations and position changes.
- Monitor assigned identity management HRIS ticket queue, complete requests timely; terminations.
- Monitor assigned identity management ticket queue, complete all requests timely; temporary rights, employee name change, and access to new software applications.
- Ensure complete security protocols and processes are followed for all account creations, changes, and terminations.
- Meet service level agreement standards for account creations, position changes, and terminations.
- Complete audits to ensure data quality and compliance; weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly.
- Assist with account creations for all new software applications and portals, as assigned.
- Assist other IT related functions, as assigned.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must have a bachelor degree in computer science or information technology.
- Must have demonstrated experience with active directory, account provisioning, and auditing.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the health information privacy and accountability act.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- An associate degree from a qualified technical school, and two years related work experience may be
considered in lieu of a bachelor degree.
- Previous experience within the home health and hospice industry is highly preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, across all levels of the organization, and
be able to convey thoughts in a way easily understood.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethic.
- Must have the ability to work independently and to handle sensitive employee and company information in
a confidential manner.
- Must be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail. Must be well organized, with the ability to maintain excellent written
documentation, manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks appropriately, and finish work
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law