Division: Home Office
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is seeking a Cash Application Specialist / Cash Posting Specialist to join our billing team in Dallas, TX.
The cash application specialist is responsible for gathering, posting, and balancing all payments that are received by Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice, and all acquired companies.
- Monitor the revenue cycle management platform for incoming payments.
- Manage the transfer of non-Medicare 835 documents from the RCM to Homecare Homebase.
- Manage the transfer of Medicare 835 documents from other RCM sources to HCHB.
- Hand key remittances if 835 is unavailable or not applicable to the payor.
- Answer questions from billing managers regarding posting of payments; work closely with billing managers to resolve recoupment issues.
- Balance weekly and month end bank deposit reports.
- Work closely with accountants to resolve balancing discrepancies.
- Retrieve, post remittances from payor websites when the remittance is not available on the RCM.
- Process incoming batches of live checks and post to HCHB; balance checks posted to batch totals.
- Review remittances for applicable adjustments, transfers to the managed service provider, or transfers to patient.
- Identify underpayments or overpayments; notify the appropriate billing manager.
- Retrieve HCHB reports to compile excel spreadsheets for balancing to Medicare payments.
- Manage excel spreadsheets for Medicare offsets, adjustments, interest, and acquisition payments.
- Post refund checks issued by accounting for overpayments on accounts in HCHB.
- Receive credit card information via mail or phone and process payments on portal.
- Post credit card payments to HCHB and balance payments monthly with accountant.
- Ensure all payments are posted accurately and within the week that are received.
- Document all deposits posted in HCHB, made to acquired companies, and all credit card payments to an excel spreadsheet to assist with weekly and monthly balancing.
- Add self-pay as secondary insurance to patient demographics, when applicable.
- Research and correct keying errors, as needed.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Must have demonstrated experience with typing, 10-key, and clerical skills.
- Must have demonstrated competency with computers and Microsoft office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- One year of payment posting experience is preferred.
- The ability to read and interpret remittance advices and explanation of benefits is preferred.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must manage time efficiently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law