Division: Home Office
Location: 6688 North Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice Division is seeking an Employee Relations Specialist to join our corporate HR team in Dallas, TX.
The Employee Relations Specialist duties include:
- Manage unemployment claims responses.
- Review of positive drug and alcohol screen results; provide guidance to supervisors on those results.
- Manage access to the background check platform and be a resource to users needing assistance; provide guidance on drug testing and background check processes.
- Answer general policy and procedure questions.
- Prepare and communicate exit interview survey reports, escalating issues as needed, and following up on resolution of issues
- Assist the leave and workers' compensation teams in following up with employees on exhaustion of leave and tracking of intermittent leaves of absence.
- Support the employee relations team in responding to employees voicing complaints, partnering with the senior employee relations specialists on appropriate next steps.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related discipline and 3 years of comparable HR-related experience is required; five years of demonstrated, comparable human resources-related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must have demonstrated experience in an employee-facing role or in a customer service role.
- Demonstrated computer knowledge and skills, including proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software applications is required. Advanced skills in Microsoft office, especially word or excel, is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal employment, wage and hour laws, and regulations is preferred.
- Experience developing and presenting training materials or programs is preferred.
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and have strong presentation skills, both in person and remotely.
- Must be well organized and capable of appropriately prioritizing a large number of tasks ensuring timely completion of projects even with interruptions.
- Must have the ability to work effectively without constant supervision and to handle sensitive employee documents and information in a confidential manner.
- Must have good problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to analyze received information to determine whether in compliance with company processes and policies.
- Must be capable of initiating a project and seeing it through to completion without significant direction or oversight.
- Must be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals, possess excellent customer service skills, and be capable of maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor even in difficult situations.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and valid automobile liability insurance as required by law.