Patient Coverage Area: Idaho Falls, Ammon
Encompass Health is seeking a Hospice Transition Liaison to join our wonderful team of Hospice Professionals. Hospice is a philosophy of care and our team of caring professionals are dedicated to providing physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional comfort to patients and their loved ones. This position could be a nurse or social worker. If this is your calling, I encourage you to apply!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous Paid Time Off plans for full-time employees
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- State-of-the-art resources and tools for secure, compliant, reliable and organized communication between patients and their care team
- Web-based education and online instruction to increase knowledge and competency.
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Mileage Reimbursement / Car Fleet program
Registered Nurse or LMSW encouraged to apply!
The Transition Liaison represents the Agency in activities involving professional contacts with patients/families, physicians, hospitals/facilities, senior living communities, professional associations, and similar health groups and institutions, to apprise them of the availability of the Agency’s Hospice services. The Transition Liaison integrates clinical guidelines, tools and other metrics in development of transition plans that are patient-centered, promoting quality and efficiency in the delivery of care. The Transition Liaison represents the Agency in internal transitional care activities.
The Transition Liaison will serve as a public awareness representative for the Agency, and will be responsible for public and internal education relative to Hospice services available through the Agency and payor sources, especially the Care Connections Program. The Transition Liaison will be responsible for monitoring execution of transitional care services through ongoing quality assurance visits with referral sources and other applicable entities. The Transition Liaison will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding performance goals as set by their supervisor with approval from Senior Management.
Education, Skills & Experience (Essential)
Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing (RN, LPN) or social work (LMSW or LCSW) and licensed in the state in which he/she currently practices.
Must demonstrate a strong understanding of customer & market dynamics & requirements, and most importantly, demonstrate a strong understanding of transitional care. Must have at least one-year experience in the Hospice industry. Knowledge of Home Health is preferred.
Must have excellent communication skills; ability to interact well with a great diversity of individuals; ability to organize & execute programs; be able to prioritize multiple tasks & deadlines with minimal supervision. Must have a good understanding of the Federal, State, and local laws/regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a home health and hospice agency.
Goal driven, motivation for growth, territory management, strong presentation skills, performance management, building relationships, emphasizing excellence and results driven. Should have ability to work with outside and inside clients and vendors, and ability to interact positively with all levels of personnel across all functions. Should be self-starter who requires minimal supervision. Should be able to utilize reports and trends to support efforts and to understand clinical status and progress as it pertains to patient care.
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment if applicable
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must have dependable transportation kept in good working condition
- Must be able to drive an automobile in a variety of weather conditions