Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The administrative assistant provides ongoing support for the department. The administrative assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to supervisors and management to improve efficiency, proficiency, and overall teamwork.
- Run month end close reports through HCHB for the accounting department.
- Coordinate the scheduling of monthly branch performance review calls for the financial operations manager and team (50+ appointments) with senior executives via Microsoft outlook.
- Provide backup support to compliance team with third party agreement requests through the use of Ariba and DocuSign.
- Create, update, upload, or send out W9s, as needed.
- Request, maintain, and update certificate of insurances, ongoing.
- Update home office and branch organization charts.
- Maintain, order, and distribute office supplies for the department according to office protocol.
- As a primary back-up to the administrative assistant for home office, assist in answering the telephone at home office, screen individual calls, and route calls appropriately.
- Assist with managing daily operations and overall cleanliness for home office, as needed.
- Assist with processing and distributing incoming mail and parcels, as needed.
- Pack and ship items for the Operations department, as needed.
- Assist with processing and distributing incoming faxes, as needed.
- Accept and complete assignments from department leadership, as needed.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated experience with typing and clerical skills, and must have previous experience in operation of a computer.
- Must have previous experience using Microsoft excel, including pivot tables and formulas.
- Must have previous demonstrated experience in managing multiple schedules in Microsoft outlook.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Six months experience in a healthcare office is preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft excel is highly preferred.
- Previous experience managing schedules for senior and executive level staff is highly preferred.
- Experience using virtual media technology is preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task and problem-solve in a high volume, interactive environment while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must be organized and able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law