Division: Home Office
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Senior Licensing & Enrollment Specialist to join our legal department in Dallas, TX.
As a Senior Licensing & Enrollment Specialist, you will participate in the mergers and acquisition and de novo process for Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice. This position will initiate entity formation, and create and manage the enrollment process to its conclusion. The Senior Licensing & Enrollment Specialist will mentor new licensing and enrollment team members as they acclimate to departmental processes and objectives. The Senior Licensing & Enrollment specialist will achieve and maintain the licensure, accreditation, and enrollment regulatory profile for home health and hospice providers in assigned states.
- Manage the initiation and completion of the enrollment process across all regulatory requirements; as it relates to change of ownership acquisitions or de novo locations
- Mentor new Licensing & Enrollment Specialists as they on-board and acclimate to Departmental processes, standards and objectives
- Manage and participate in the weekly team call
- Assist department leaders with monthly departmental expense reconciliation, management of the community health accreditation program (CHAP) portal, and monitoring departmental emails
- Obtain new licenses and enrollments, renewals, staff documentation, and resumes related to licensure and conditions of participation
- Track licensing and enrollment expirations
- Manage necessary reports, initiation, change of information, revalidation, and renewal submissions for compliance timely; certificate of need (CON), clinical laboratory improvement amendments (CLIA), state license, Medicare 855A, Medicaid, and national provider identifier (NPI)
- Maintain communication with state and federal authorities; ensure timely processing of licensure and enrollment filings.
- Organize and complete required documentation for clinical personnel filings to various state and federal agencies; coordinate with field personnel, as necessary.
- Complete regulatory research related to notification and filing requirements.
- Provide regular updates to department and senior leadership; regarding status of assigned initiatives and projected completion timeframes.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, or a paralegal professional certification is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience with organizational forms and required filings, such as articles of incorporation, state registration and ‘doing business as’ filings, resolutions, or minutes.
- Two years' direct experience in licensing and enrollment is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with a start-up agency licensing and enrollment, or change of ownership process is preferred.
- Must have demonstrated basic skills in Microsoft office.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office are preferred, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to multi-task and problem-solve in a high volume, interactive environment while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must function well in atmosphere of stress and interruption.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks simultaneously, and meeting deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with a desire and ability to maintain excellent records.
- Must be able to work both independently and in collaboration as part of a team.
- Must be able to embrace change and think creatively.
- Must maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law