As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Encompass Health is searching for a Hospice Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the hospice volunteer program and ensures the right volunteers are matched with the right families during the difficult transition.
- Recruit, select, train, and coordinate hospice volunteers.
- Design and deliver volunteer programs and services to meet patient, family and partner needs and enhance the customer experience
- Assign volunteers based on program needs and the volunteers’ interests and skills.
- Monitor and evaluate volunteers’ performance.
- Plan and conduct volunteer support meetings, volunteer appreciation gatherings, and volunteer retreats.
- Facilitate community awareness and support of Encompass Hospice volunteer program.
- Assist Medical Social Work with community bereavement awareness as assigned.
This is a part time position. Hospice Volunteer Coordinators typically work 10-20 hours each week.
- Hospice experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Strong typing skills, clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must have demonstrated experience in volunteer activity, and the ability to execute a supportive and sensitive approach to volunteer and patient/family need.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!