Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Position Location: 2400 John Hawkins Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35244
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for an experienced medical biller to join our dedicated Hospice Billing team in Birmingham, AL. This position offers a fast paced but structured and fun environment with great company culture.
Hospice Billing Specialists are responsible for the following duties:
- Monitoring assigned payor and patient accounts.
- Processing accurate and complete claims to the payor source or other entity.
- Accurate and complete resolution of any balance remaining after payment from payor is received; with the end goal being proper payment for hospice services provided and adjustment to zero balance on each AR invoice.
- Answering questions from branch office staff, patients/caregivers, and payor source representatives using excellent customer service skills.
- Interpreting and processing Explanation of Benefits with end goal of accurate patient and payor billing.
- Making AR follow up calls as directed in a highly professional manner, thereby maintaining and constantly improving customer relations.
- Processing account adjustments, balance write offs, and account reconciliations with accurate, effective documentation of all actions taken.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong typing and data entry skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- College level education in accounting and/or business.
- Certificate level education in billing &/or medical terminology.
- Two years’ experience with Medicare or other insurance billing/coding, or related billing tasks is preferred.