Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The Executive Vice President of Clinical Services (RN) is responsible for the overall quality of home health and hospice clinical services delivered to patients throughout the company.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and works closely with all members of senior management and executive management to ensure that all home health and hospice agencies achieve their strategic goals related to quality outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Specific areas of accountability include star ratings, HIS scores, patient satisfaction, home health value-based purchasing, OASIS competency, claims-based measures, and care management services.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company adheres to quality of care and best practice guidelines, ethical standards and protocols, and corporate standards, and will use data to develop targeted interventions in response to quality and care management issues.
- Accountable for all home health and hospice quality measures and impacts those clinical measures through patient and employee education, process improvement, and through the activities of the clinical educators and the care management division.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Must be a graduate of an approved school of professional nursing and licensed in the states in which the company operates.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of seven years management experience in the home health industry and extensive knowledge of the Medicare guidelines governing home health and hospice agencies.
- Must have previous success in ensuring safe and high-quality home health and hospice services.
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health and hospice services and be able to problem solve effectively.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and be able to communicate effectively to convey thoughts clearly.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Must have the ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Must have the ability to manage all aspects of a Medicare certified home health and hospice agencies.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must understand regulatory guidelines related to the delivery of home health and hospice services.
- Must become licensed in all states in which the company operates (preferred)
- Must be able to travel for an extended period of time with short notice
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must possess dependable transportation kept in good working condition and wear seat belt at all times while driving
- Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions