Division: Home Office
Compensation Range: $13-$15/hour
Location of job: 2400 John Hawkins Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35244
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is hiring a non-clinical Intake Coordinator to join our Central Intake team in Birmingham, AL. This is a full time, permanent position with exceptional benefits! The central intake coordinator is responsible for regional coordination of patient referrals. This position is a resource for referral sources and works closely with branch staff to ensure that adequate coordination and transition occurs to home health services.
- Receive, document, and appropriately communicate referrals from physicians, facilities, and staff.
- Ensure orders for admission are clearly and appropriately documented in the coordination notes of the patient record; if clinical, may need to call physician for verification.
- Communicate status of referral clearly with referral sources, and any relevant branch staff.
- Initiate contact with patient to verify awareness of referral, to introduce Encompass Health, and to verify information; follow-up with the branch sales staff, as needed.
- Manage and respond to calls from all branch clinical office staff regarding the care of patients.
- Follow-up with patients who remain in the hospital or rehabilitation facility until current orders are received for admission; enter the readmission orders and follow-up with the appropriate branch.
- Communicate with sales staff to coordinate referrals, specific requests, and dates of admission.
- Communicate non-admit information to branch clinical office staff, as well as status to the referral source, including the reason for non-admission.
- Attach referral paperwork to the patient record timely to ensure availability to field staff.
- Monitor the weekly referral conversion for each branch.
- Follow-up with branch leadership each week regarding pending referrals.
- Review and follow-up on entitlement verification issues.
- Act as an educator to branch office staff related to the ability to admit patients, as needed.
- Verify Medicare eligibility and ensure accuracy of Medicare number in patient record; notify the branch director immediately if Medicare is not the primary payor source.
- Ensure patient demographic information is accurate on the referral, based on Medicare eligibility.
- Communicate with the benefits coordinator if the payor is not Medicare to ensure verification of benefits is complete; communicate benefit information with referral source, as necessary.
- Ensure the appropriate branch office receives referral information, including accurate and current dates of admission.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated experience with computers, including typing and clerical activities.
- Must have one year demonstrated experience in home health.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Medicare guidelines governing home health is required.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Three years previous experience in home health is preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must have strong customer service skills with the ability to work with a diversity of individuals.
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law