Patient Coverage Area: Jackson County, Alabama
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Chaplain with hospice experience to join our team. The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary team and reports to the Hospice Branch Director.
- Providing direct spiritual support and/or counsel to patients/families in keeping with patients/families’ beliefs.
- Working with staff, clergy and community groups to enhance their sensitivity to the spiritual needs of patients/families and reporting on services as indicated.
- Providing consultation and education for patients/families and interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing bereavement follow-up services as defined by Hospice.
- Maintaining proper records of visits to patients/families.
- Performing occasional liturgical assignments such as the annual Service of Remembrance and monthly memorial service when indicated.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must be an individual who, by ordination or by ecclesiastical endorsement from the individual's denomination, has been approved to function in a pastoral capacity.
- Must have demonstrated experience in working with patients and families dealing with life-threatening illness and death.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Training in clinical pastoral education, meeting the requirements for the college of chaplains, may be considered in lieu of ordination or endorsement.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to communicate well with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be organized and able to perform multiple, critical tasks simultaneously and frequently.
- Must have an understanding of issues related to delivery of home care services.
- Must have demonstrated ability to be open, sensitive, flexible, and ecumenical.
- Must be able to function efficiently and in a positive manner within a high stress environment.