Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 135 Mayfair Rd., Hattiesburg, MS 39402
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for a Reimbursement Coordinator to join our home health billing team in Hattiesburg, MS.
The Reimbursement Coordinator is responsible for collecting and managing account payments. This position is responsible for submitting claims and following up with insurance companies for payment fulfillment. This position will:
- Complete billing tasks daily.
- Monitor and maintain assigned accounts.
- Collect all the necessary information to prepare Medicare Advantage claims.
- Submit clean claims timely and appropriately to Medicare Advantage Payors; complete submissions electronically or by paper according to Medicare / payor guidelines.
- Research, correct, and resubmit rejected and denied claims. Prepare appeals to denied claims.
- Maintain communications with branch staff for assigned accounts; ensure branch leaders are aware of claims status and the success of team members.
- Answer questions timely and accurately; from patients, branch staff, and payors.
- Resolve patient-billing issues and assess accounts receivable delinquencies.
- Interpret and process explanation of benefits.
- Complete outbound collection calls; maintain professionalism and customer service.
- Process and review account adjustments, balance write offs, and account reconciliations.
- Identify issues and reduce delinquency for assigned accounts.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated clerical skills experience.
- Must have demonstrated competency with computers, including advanced typing skills.
- Experience with Home Health & Hospice billing and collections is strongly preferred.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with a desire and ability to maintain excellent records.
- Must be able to multi-task and problem-solve in a high volume, interactive environment while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be adept at communicating with a broad range of individuals and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must function well in atmosphere of stress and interruption.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with a diverse group of peers and customers.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law