Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm + Participation in On-Call Rotation
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with exceptional assessment skills, a passion for nursing, and a drive to be on the forefront of innovative nursing practices as a Care Management Coordinator.
- Use health coaching, motivational interviewing techniques, risk stratification software to manage a caseload of complex, chronically ill patients with the goal of empowering those patients to engage in self-care management, remain at home, and achieve individual maximum wellness.
- Impact patient outcomes, reduce utilization of unnecessary hospitalizations, and decrease healthcare costs for assigned patient caseloads.
- Integrate evidenced-based clinical guidelines, preventative guidelines, protocols, and other metrics to develop care plans that are patient-centered, and promote quality and efficiency.
- Enhance strategic relationships with health systems, hospitals, and other inpatient facilities, physicians and physician groups, and accountable care organizations (ACO).
This is an office based position with no hands-on patient contact. Care Management Coordinators will work in our corporate office to prevent health complications, improve patient outcomes, enhance access to quality care, and reduce hospital admissions.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must be a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) with a compact license in the State of Texas.
- Must have at least two years’ experience as a licensed nurse.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of a home health or hospice.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with computers, including experience in typing and clerical.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Previous experience in a clinic, hospital, home health or a professional high volume call center setting is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of home health and hospice operations is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to effectively work with external stakeholders.
- Must be able to listen actively and interact well within diverse groups.
- Must be proficient in providing effective follow-up.
- Must be able to communicate and articulate in a professional manner that is easily understood during telephonic encounters.
- Must have a strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of transitional care best practices, with the ability to interpret and apply clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Must possess exceptional assessment skills.
- Must be able to utilize reports and trends to understand clinical status and progress as it pertains to patient care.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must have the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law