Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The internal communications specialist is responsible for managing, guiding and executing Encompass Health – Home Health & Hospice’s internal communications strategy. This position collaborates with company leadership and other departments to develop and implement companywide internal communication strategies that drive employees’ understanding of the company’s priorities and key initiatives while aligning with the company’s purpose and business strategy.
- Create and maintain an internal content calendar in collaboration with the director of communications that schedules all aspects of content creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Ensure the implementation of company messaging and brand voice across internal channels to maintain consistency.
- Manage all internal newsletters on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and as-needed basis.
- Write, edit and solicit content for internal channels including email, employee apps and SharePoint.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of internal communications and implement new approaches and strategies to improve engagement.
- Proactively interview and work with subject matter experts to improve the quality of messages and share internally.
- Support executive visibility efforts for company leadership through consistent and timely messages.
- Provide counsel to other departments on effective ways to reach specific internal audiences while adhering to brand voice and company objectives.
- Proofread, review and edit all content for accurate use of grammar, brand voice, AP Style and additional content guidelines established by the company.
- Break down complex topics into compelling, easy-to-understand messages.
- Collaborate with home health and hospice branches to effectively capture and tell the story of our culture, employees and patients throughout internal channels.
- Assist in the creation of presentations, brochures, flyers and other materials for employees.
- Develop compelling video scripts that convey brand voice and strategy for employees.
- Translate the company’s key messaging and strategic initiatives and effectively communicate them to employees.
Education and experience (essential):
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, marketing or related field.
Must have demonstrated proficiency of AP Style.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
Education and experience (desired):
- Three to five years of related work experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe creative suite is a plus.
- Previous experience in health care, home health or hospice preferred.
- Must be professional, detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Must have advanced writing skills and demonstrated ability to adhere to writing guidelines and brand voice.
- Must have strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt quickly to urgent requests.
- Must be able to break down complex topics and create compelling, comprehensible narratives.
- Must be able to interpret ideas to fit the needs of the requestor.
- Must maintain a friendly customer-service approach with the ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Must reinforce a team approach throughout the company and solicit feedback from key stakeholders. Must have the ability to interact positively with a diverse population.
- Must be able to recognize typos and grammatical errors, and generate creative ideas that promote employee engagement.
- Must possess a high standard of professional ethics.
Must possess a valid state driver license
Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law