Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The corporate paralegal supports projects, transactions, financings, and governance. This position assists with contract management. The corporate paralegal conducts legal research, due diligence, and maintains closing checklists. The corporate paralegal assists with changes to the existing legal structure of Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice.
- Draft letters and notices; cease and desist, and medical director terminations.
- Assist in drafting templates and internal documents; transaction consents, and certificate of insurance (COI) attestations.
- Review and prepare legal contracts and documents.
- Conduct legal research, due diligence, and information gathering; employment matters, legal issues, contracts, historical ownership, and investment changes.
- Prepare various uniform commercial code (UCC) filings.
- Update litigation and legal matters status tracker; review employment related documents.
- Assist with contract management.
- Maintain the legal entity ownership database.
- Assist with investigations and employment matters.
- Pre-sort mail and correspondence, distribute as appropriate; licensing and enrollment, and legal.
- Identify areas to improve department efficiency; propose procedure, policy, or systems updates.
- Obtain status updates on legal matters and projects.
- Maintain closing checklists.
- Complete global updates to licensing and enrollment ownership charts.
- Complete global updates to all national provider identifier (NPI) records.
- Complete state filings associated with corporate formation and governance.
- Provide litigation support.
Education & Experience (Essential)
- Must have a bachelor's degree.
- Must have five years demonstrated experience as a paralegal, ten years experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated experience reviewing and analyzing corporate governance and commercial contracts.
- Must have demonstrated experience working with entities with complex legal structures.
- Must have basic demonstrated skills in technology and software, especially the Microsoft office suite.
Education & Experience (Desired)
- Professional certification as a paralegal is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Advanced skills in technology and software is preferred.
- Experience in contract management software is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to convey thoughts in a way easily understood.
- Must demonstrate strong customer service skills and have the ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to think critically, problem-solve, demonstrate a proactive approach, and effectively manage projects within established deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law