Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Position Location: 6688 North Central Expwy, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health is searching for a telephonic social worker to join our Care Management Division in Dallas, TX. This is a great opportunity for someone with a BSW degree, looking for an office based role with no hands on patient contact.
The telephonic social worker will:
- Administer social services to patients requiring intermittent professional services.
- Assess the psychosocial needs of patients, and provides solution-focused care coordination to address issues that may impede the patient’s ability to adhere to the established medical care plan.
- Coordinate a variety of services including crisis intervention, bereavement, client advocacy, referrals, prevention, and education.
Education & Experience (Essential)
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree from a school of social work accredited by the council on social work education.
- Must be certified or licensed in the state where they currently practice.
- Must have at least two years of professional social work experience in a health care setting.
- Must have demonstrated intermediate skills in use of computers, technologies, and software.
Education & Experience (Desired)
- Previous experience in telephonic social work is strongly preferred.
- Medicare home health or hospice experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is preferred.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to convey thoughts in a way easily understood.
- Must have strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must be able to assist individuals in recognizing and solving problems.
- Must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to the patient’s needs.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks of critical importance simultaneously.
- Must function well in atmosphere of stress and interruption.
- Must be able to effectively handle grief.
- Must be able to gather, record, and analyze data.
- Must have strong knowledge of community resource interventions.
- Must have knowledge of human behavior, performance, individual differences in ability, personality, interests, psychosocial methods, and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Must have knowledge of the principles and methods to restore or enhance social, psychosocial, or bio-psychosocial functioning of individuals, couples, families, groups, and communities.
- Must be able to utilize motivational interviewing to elicit behavior change.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law