Division: Home Health
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
Encompass Health is looking for a Medical Records Specialist to join our team. As a Medical Records Specialist, you will be responsible for receiving electronic faxes, scanning documents, and uploading files into the electronic medical records system, Homecare Homebase.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Prepare patient assessment packets.
- Follow up on order tracking reports weekly and in accordance with the order procedure; reprocess unsigned orders and other key documents, as needed.
- Lead initiatives to contact physicians and marketing staff to timely obtain orders, addendums, and other documents appropriately signed; prioritize unsigned orders older than 30 days.
- Process all physician notifications timely, according to workflow and regulations.
- Receive, process, and save all medical record documents timely and in accordance with standard operating procedures, to ensure a complete patient medical record.
- Prepare and distribute medical records, according to policy, to comply with payor requests,
medical record reviews, medical record requests, and pre-/post- payment documentation requests.
- Verify paper visits and visit notes.
- Process workflow, coordination notes, and administrative tasks timely.
- Assist with answering the telephone at the branch, as needed.
- Assist with greeting guests courteously and professionally announce their arrival.
The right person for this role will be outgoing, have a positive attitude, and have exceptional multitasking skills.
- Minimum of 6 months of medical records experience in a clinic, hospital, or home health setting.
- Previous experience working with an EMR system is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is a plus.
- Experience working with Sfax is a plus.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced typing and computer skills.
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW by completing an online application!