Patient Coverage Area: Richmond Viriginia (50-60 mile radius)
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The licensed social worker administers social services to patients requiring intermittent professional services and teaches the patient, family, and other members of the health care team. These services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and the established plan of care.
Education and Experience (ESSENTIAL):
- Must have a masters degree from a school of social work accredited by the council on social work education.
- Must be certified or licensed in the state where they currently practice.
- Must have at least one year of social work experience in a health care setting.
Education and Experience (DESIRED):
- Medicare home health or hospice experience is preferred.
Education and Experience (STATE SPECIFIC):
ALABAMA - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
ALASKA - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
ARIZONA - A licensed BSW must work under a licensed MSW; LMSW is preferred.
ARKANSAS - Must be an LMSW, at minimum.
COLORADO - Must be a masters level LSW.
CONNECTICUT - Must be an MSW.
FLORIDA - No state liensure is required, certification only. Must provide masters degree transcript.
GEORGIA - Must be an LMSW, at minimum.
IDAHO - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
ILLINOIS - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
INDIANA - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
KANSAS - An LBSW must work under a LMSW; LMSW is preferred.
KENTUCKY - An LBSW must work under a LMSW; LMSW is preferred.
LOUISIANA - Must be an LMSW.
MARYLAND - An LBSW must work under a licensed clinical social worker; a masters level LCSW is preferred.
MASSACHUSETTS - An LSW can work under a LCSW; LCSW is preferred.
MISSISSIPPI - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
MISSOURI - State licensure is not required. A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
MONTANA - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
NORTH CAROLINA - A CSW can work under a CMSW; CMSW is preferred.
NEW MEXICO - An LBSW can work under an LMSW; LMSW is preferred.
NEVADA - A CSW can work under a CMSW; CMSW is preferred.
OHIO - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
OKLAHOMA - A masters degree is required. Must be a LSW or LMSW.
OREGON - A registered BSW can work under an LMSW; LMSW is preferred.
PENNSYLVANIA - A masters degree is required. Must be an LSW.
RHODE ISLAND - An LBSW can work under an LMSW; LMSW is preferred.
SOUTH CAROLINA - Must be an LMSW, at minimum.
TENNESSEE - Must be an MSW.
TEXAS - An LBSW can work under an LMSW; LMSW is preferred.
UTAH - A social service worker can work under a CSW; CSW is preferred.
VIRGINIA - An LSW can work under an LCSW; LCSW is preferred.
WASHINGTON - A BSW can work under an MSW; MSW is preferred.
WYOMING - A CSW can work under an CMSW; CMSW is preferred.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be capable of making independent decisions relevant to the patient’s needs.
- Must be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple tasks of critical importance simultaneously.
- Must function well in atmosphere of stress and interruption.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law
- Must maintain dependable transportation in good working condition
- Must be able to safely drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions
- Must possess CPR certification for the healthcare provider