Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The Vice President, Revenue Cycle is responsible for all aspects of third-party billing and collection functions. This includes all cost report filings, audits, and appeals.
- Reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and works closely with leaders in operations, accounting and finance, information systems, business analytics, contracting and compliance to achieve business objectives and implement organizational strategy.
- Ensures all cost reporting is completed timely and accurately, and ensures company interests are protected during any third-party audits.
- Models the financial impact for third-party reimbursement regulation changes, rates and charges.
- Completes monthly revenue analyses and assesses risk of receivables under review.
- Ensures compliance of revenue systems and processes in accordance with internal controls.
- Manages all accounts receivable functions and related operations, including charge capture, claims production, government and non-government AR collections and self pay, denial management, bad debt accounts, hospice caps, and associated analyses around revenue reserves and receivables.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or financial-related field
- Master’s degree in business, finance, or health care-related field strongly preferred.
- CPA or MBA strongly preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of ten years of experience in health care reimbursement activities or health care consulting.
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster a cohesive team of reimbursement and financial analysts.
- Experienced professional with a deep understanding of health care operations and reimbursement payment models.
- Strong knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and managed care payment systems.
- Financial planning and leadership experience in a publicly-held company strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and be able to communicate effectively to convey thoughts clearly.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have excellent active listening, information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness, time management, and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret federal and state regulations and statutes.
- Must be able to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and possess the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to supervise a department of 20 or more employees.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and automobile liability insurance
- Must possess dependable transportation kept in good working condition and wear seat belt at all times while driving
- Must be able to drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions