Division: Home Office
Location: 2743 Perimeter Pkwy, Augusta, GA 30909
Hours/Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm EST
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is searching for an Prior Authorization & Insurance Verification Coordinator to join our home health billing team in Augusta, GA.
The Prior Authorization & Insurance Verification Coordinator is responsible for verifying and obtaining authorization as required by insurance companies dependent upon the plan coverage for all patients.
- Provide accurate and complete data input for pre-certification request and for providing excellent customer service.
- Handle all functions of the authorization process including initiation, tracking and status follow-up for patients to ensure authorization and re-authorization for coverage of services.
- Verify Medicare, commercial insurance and Medicaid coverages and request initial authorization and re-authorization of home health visits.
- Collect information required by the insurance company to render authorization decisions.
- Contact patients for updated insurance information.
- Assist with month end reporting and logistical and/or problem resolution related to patient’s medical record, authorization and billing issues.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Two years of college or professional school is preferred.
- One year of third party eligibility verification experience is preferred.
- At least one year experience in insurance authorizations is preferred.
- One year experience with international classification of diseases (ICD)-10 or current procedural terminology (CPT) codes, or healthcare common procedure coding system (HCPCS) is preferred.
- Must have typing and clerical skills, and be competent with computers.
- Must be organized with the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Requirements: Must possess a valid state driver license. Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law.