Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
As a national leader across home health, hospice, and inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, Encompass Health is consistently ranked as a top best-place-to-work in the communities we serve. Our philosophy of delivering a better way to care exemplifies our commitment to quality, compassionate care for our patients, all while fostering a unique culture that is compassionate and collaborative.
- Encompass Health’s enterprising model of the continuum of care for post-acute services sets the standards for excellence. This is evident throughout all of our care settings and office locations, as we maintain a workplace that is stable, ethical, and supportive.
- At Encompass Health, we continually invest in employees to assist in them achieving personal goals and make meaningful, measurable differences in the lives of their patients.
Ever-mindful of the need for employees to care for themselves and their families, Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
- Electronic medical records & mobile devices for all clinicians
- Incentivized bonus plan
The clinical team leader (CTL) ensures the overall coordination of hospice services provided to the patient is delivered according to acceptable standards of practice and all company procedures. This position reviews and approves patient information submitted by the licensed professional. This position assists with patient care review meetings, the review and approval of orders, and provides oversight of patient care.
The CTL is responsible for assisting the branch director with day-to-day office and staff management related to patient care. This position assists the branch leadership with ongoing education and training of all branch clinicians to ensure understanding of documentation requirements to meet regulatory standards. The CTL facilitates the relationship between physicians, referral sources, patients, caregivers, and employees.
Must be organized with the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to function in a stressful atmosphere.
Must maintain a professional and friendly demeanor. Must possess a passion for helping patients. Must comply with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Must possess a valid state driver license
- Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law
- Must maintain dependable transportation in good working condition
- Must be able to safely drive an automobile in all types of weather conditions