Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location: 6688 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206
*Following 90 days of employment, employee will be able to choose either a 2 or 3 day hybrid/work from home schedule.
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
The staff accountant I is responsible for maintaining the general ledger throughout the month (including month-end close), preparing financial statements, completing financial analysis, and for communicating with branch offices for assigned entities.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for assigned entities.
- Prepare journal entries appropriately, including, but not limited to, depreciation, insurance, amortization of prepaid expenses, home office and administrative allocations, and revenue recognition.
- Analyze monthly financial statements, including cost per visit, cost per patient day, and variance against prior year and budget, month to date and year to date; provide concise explanations to support findings.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account and provide detail reconciliations in a timely manner, escalating issues as necessary to ensure a resolution.
- Prepare key performance indicators (KPIs) and conduct monthly branch calls for assigned entities.
- Participate in the annual budgeting process.
- Analyze and input annual budget data for assigned branches, including staff review and existing expense trends.
- Prepare valid explanations of inconsistencies in budgeted data and existing trends.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in business or accounting.
- Must have demonstrated experience working in an accounting department.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology and software, especially the Microsoft office suite, including Excel and the ability to use standard pivots and functions.
- Must have the ability to interact positively with levels of personnel across all functions, and must be a self-starter who requires minimum supervision.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with a desire and ability to maintain excellent accounting records and documentation.
- Must possess a desire to continuously innovate accounting systems and processes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, across all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to convey thoughts in a way easily understood.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high standard of professional ethics.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Requirements: Must possess a valid state driver license. Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law.