Division: Home Office
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Location Options: Murray, UT | Birmingham, AL | Hattiesburg, MS | Dallas, TX
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is hiring a Insurance Verification & Eligibility Coordinator to join our team. The person selected for this role can sit at one of our regional corporate offices in Murray, UT, Birmingham, AL, Hattiesburg, MS, or Dallas, TX.
- Provide accurate and complete data input for eligibility and reverification requests
- Verify eligibility and home health benefits based on the patient’s verified insurance plan
- Contact patients for updated insurance information and coordinate with branch staff for identified transitions
- Assist with month-end reporting and logistical resolution related to patient insurance, termination of insurance and plan benefits
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Two years of college or professional school are preferred.
- Must have demonstrated basic skills with computers and technologies, including typing and clerical tasks.
- Must have demonstrated intermediate skills using computer software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- One year demonstrated experience with third-party eligibility verification is highly preferred.
- Two years demonstrated experience in insurance authorizations is preferred.
- At least one year of demonstrated experience with the international classification of diseases ICD-9, ICD-10, current procedural terminology (CPT), or healthcare common procedure coding system (HCPCS) is preferred.
Requirements: Must possess a valid state driver license. Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law.