Division: Home Office
Location of job: 2400 John Hawkins Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35244
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm
Compensation: $13 - $15 per hour
Are you in search of a new career opportunity where you are the connection? If so, now is the time to choose Encompass Health as your employer. The Home Health & Hospice division of Encompass Health is hiring!
Encompass Health offers benefits that encourage lifestyle choices that keep you healthy and happy. Subject to employee eligibility, some benefits, tools, and resources include:
- Generous time off with pay for full-time employees
- Continuing education opportunities
- Scholarship program for employees and their children
- Matching 401(k) plan for all employees
- Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Supplemental insurance policies for life, disability, as well as critical illness, hospital indemnity and accident insurance plans for full-time employees
- Flexible spending account plans for full-time employees
- Minimum essential coverage health insurance plan for all employees
Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice is hiring a non-clinical Intake Coordinator to join our Central Intake team in Birmingham, AL. This is a full time, permanent position with exceptional benefits! The central intake coordinator is responsible for regional coordination of patient referrals.
- Receive, document, and appropriately communicate referrals from physicians, facilities, and staff.
- Communicate status of referral clearly with referral sources, and any relevant branch staff.
- Communicate with sales staff to coordinate referrals, specific requests, and dates of admission.
- Communicate non-admit information to branch clinical office staff, as well as status to the referral source, including the reason for non-admission.
- Ensure the appropriate branch office receives referral information, including accurate and current dates of admission.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have demonstrated experience with computers, including typing and clerical activities.
- One year of experience in home health or healthcare is preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must have strong customer service skills with the ability to work with a diversity of individuals.
- Must understand the issues related to the delivery of home health services and be able to problem solve effectively.
Requirements: Must possess a valid state driver license. Must maintain automobile liability insurance as required by law.