Division: Home Office
Encompass Health’s home health & hospice services are now Enhabit Home Health & Hospice. We remain committed to delivering a better way to care for our patients and their loved ones, helping them achieve their specific care goals in the comfort and safety of their own homes. As one of the largest Medicare-certified home health and hospice providers in the nation, we continue to set the industry standard for superior home-based care.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Location: 990 W. Bellwood Lane, Murray, UT 84123
The regional authorization supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the regional authorization team. This position monitors and assists the regional authorization team to financially secure patient care prior to or at the time of care to avoid bad debt related to unauthorized or unsponsored care with an ultimate goal of enhancing patient, family, provider, physician and payor satisfaction.
- Establish goals for the authorization department.
- Monitor productivity for the authorization department to define workload and to assure appropriate levels are maintained, reviewing periodically for effectiveness.
- Ensure that the daily activities of the department run smoothly and effectively while holding accountability for quality, productivity and timeliness of the work performed.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to all staff performing insurance verification, authorizations and patient follow up activities to maximize timely, accurate and complete verifications.
- Complete data input for precertification requests.
- Manage month end reporting as requested.
- Manage logistical or problem resolution related to the patient medical record, authorization, and billing issues.
- Ensure proper use, management and control of vendors including but not limited to outsource function vendors.
- Assist in developing new processes and technical or automated solutions, as appropriate, for the purpose of continually improving the performance, processes and workflow of all areas of the revenue cycle.
- Maintain current knowledge of government and third-party payors, and regulatory requirements or issues, by attending meetings, participating in professional organizations, reading related literature and ongoing education.
- Must have a minimum of five years in a lead or management role.
- A college degree or clinical license is preferred.
- Must have experience and competency in working with third party and commercial payors and billing, and with government agencies in areas of policy, reimbursement and compliance.
- Must have a practical knowledge of medical professional fee billing and collection, international classification of diseases (ICD)-10, current procedural terminology (CPT) codes, managed care products, billing processes and insurance adjudication practices.
- Must understand inter-departmental related functions of a complex healthcare organization including revenue cycle functions and dependencies.
- Must possess strong leadership presence and skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker with a high regard for execution on company objectives and initiatives.
- Must have the ability to work with others in a cooperative, collaborative manner.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and meet constant deadlines.